Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Gudeg – Young Jackfruit Stew recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Gudeg – Young Jackfruit Stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Gudeg – Young Jackfruit Stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays a great deal more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are dealing with health problems such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to lead a healthier lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most people typically assume that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make several simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you do your food shopping because it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out its sugar content. A great healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been proven to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. By adding fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to gudeg – young jackfruit stew recipe. You can have gudeg – young jackfruit stew using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Gudeg – Young Jackfruit Stew:
- Use 2 Tbsp of cooking oil.
- Use 4 of bay leaves.
- Provide 250 of diced beef.
- You need 2 of canned young green jackfruit.
- Get 200 ml of coconut milk.
- Use 1 of black tea bag.
- Use 50 gram of palm sugar or dark brown sugar.
- Get 1 tsp of salt or more to taste.
- Get 4 of hard boiled egg.
- Prepare 1 inch of ginger, bruised.
- Provide 2 inch of galangal, bruised.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 2 tsp of coriander seeds.
- Provide 8 of candlenuts (closest substitution is macadamia nuts or 10 blanched almonds).
- Prepare 3 of shallots.
Instructions to make Gudeg – Young Jackfruit Stew:
- Pound the candlenuts, coriander, garlic, shallots and salt in a mortar and pestle until you have a smooth paste. Add a little bit of water if needed to get it going..
- Preheat a large pot with cooking oil. Add the ground spices, bay leaves, bruised ginger and galangal and sauté until fragrant..
- Add the diced beef and stir to mix. Pour coconut milk, tea bag, salt and brown sugar. Bring it to a boil and then lower the heat and cover to let it cook for next 1 hour. Give it a stir every now and then..
- Uncover and then add in the young jackfruits and hard boiled eggs and let it cook again for another hour or so until the jackfruit is soft to the point where you can easily shred it with a fork. The diced beef should be soft. The liquid should be almost all absorbed at this point and the eggs are nicely tinted with brown color..
- Serve with rice and sambal on the side..
If you find this Gudeg – Young Jackfruit Stew recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.