Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best German Style Stewed Sauerkraut with Sausages recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to German Style Stewed Sauerkraut with Sausages recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Energy Snacks.
We are very mindful that consuming healthy foods can help us really feel better within our bodies. Increasing our consumption of sensible foods while reducing the intake of unhealthy kinds plays a part in a more healthy feeling. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a piece of pizza. Selecting healthier food choices can be tough if it is snack time. Finding snacks that really help us feel better and enhance our stamina often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Here are a few healthy snacks that can be used when you need a fast pick me up.
Eating almonds is an excellent choice as long as you don’t have a nut allergy. Almonds are sometimes considered a super food since they’re packed full of things that help boost our energy while keeping us healthy. Several vitamins and minerals are located in these wonderful nuts. They do, however, contain tryptophan-the same enzyme which makes you tired after eating turkey. However, you won’t need a nap after eating and enjoying almonds. Rather, these nuts aid in reducing stress and provide a soothing feeling throughout your body. Almonds typically provide a general increased a feeling of well-being.
A large assortment of quick health snacks is easily accessible. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s simple to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to german style stewed sauerkraut with sausages recipe. To cook german style stewed sauerkraut with sausages you need 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare German Style Stewed Sauerkraut with Sausages:
- Use 450 g (1 lb) of Sauerkraut, keep some of the juice (about 4 cups/1000 ml).
- You need 1 of Bay leaf.
- Use 5-6 of Juniper berries.
- You need 3-4 of whole cloves.
- Provide 1 tsp of Caraway seeds.
- Take 1/2 cup of White wine.
- Get 4 of Your favorite German sausages.
Instructions to make German Style Stewed Sauerkraut with Sausages:
- Gather your ingredients! If you can, use fresh sauerkraut found in the refrigerated section of the store or homemade sauerkraut. If not, the jarred ones are okay..
- Lightly press the juniper berries under a knife. This helps them release their flavor..
- Put sauerkraut into a pot along with about 1 cup of its juices and 1 cup of water. Add all the spices and bring to a boil..
- Turn heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes. Check it a couple times to make sure it still has enough liquid left to simmer. Add a little water if it's getting too low. It should be "moist" but not soupy..
- Add wine and bring to simmer again. Add sausages and cook on low for an additional 15 minutes. If you prefer, you may also pan-fry or grill the sausages separately, then serve with the kraut instead..
- Serve with boiled or roasted potatoes, or your favorite hearty bread..
If you find this German Style Stewed Sauerkraut with Sausages recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.