Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Mapo Tofu recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Mapo Tofu recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mapo Tofu recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Making the decision to eat healthily has incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are a lot of illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a healthier way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that many people believe it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, however, just making some minor changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil, for example, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also great for your skin. Even though you may already consume lots of fruits and vegetables, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are an excellent choice and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemicals. Finding a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of consuming foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Evidently, it’s easy to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mapo tofu recipe. To make mapo tofu you need 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mapo Tofu:
- Provide 1 box of tofu (firm tofu, don't choose soft one).
- Get 50 g of minced beef.
- Prepare 2 spoons of Szechuan bean paste.
- Prepare 3 of sliced ginger.
- Provide of some scallions.
- You need 2 spoon of Szechuan peppercorn.
- Provide 1 of chopped dried chili.
- Provide 1 spoon of chili sauce.
- Get 2 spoons of starch.
- Prepare of some black pepper.
- Prepare of salt.
- Take 1 spoon of light soy sauce.
- Provide of 1 spoon sesame oil.
Steps to make Mapo Tofu:
- Cut tofu into around 1 cm³ cube, pour them into boiled water, add 1 spoon salt, cook for 3min in order to remove the beany flavor, then set aside.
- Chop ginger into small cubes, Crush the peppercorn, divide it into 2 parts.
- Add the minced beef, 1 part of peppercorn, dried chilies, chili sauce, scallions, and bean paste soy sauce into the wok and stir fry until the chili juice come out, then add water, and when the water boils, add tofu to stew, the water can not over the tofu, stew for 5-8min, don't stir too much, otherwise, tofu will collapse.
- Before finsih, add starch (mix with water) for thickening, cook for 3min. add another part of peppercorn and scallion, finally pour some heated seasame oil on the top of tofu.
If you find this Mapo Tofu recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.