Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Glutinous rice balls (sticky rice balls) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Glutinous rice balls (sticky rice balls) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Even though we’re constantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. People typically assume that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, though, merely making a couple of minor changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you shop for food since it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? Eating a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. If this is not to your liking on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
To sum up, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to glutinous rice balls (sticky rice balls) recipe. You can cook glutinous rice balls (sticky rice balls) using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Glutinous rice balls (sticky rice balls):
- Provide of Making the glutinous rice balls:.
- Get 100 g of glutinous rice flour.
- Take 10 g of sugar (add more or less depending on preference).
- Get 80 g of water at room temperature.
- Prepare of For cooking the glutinous rice balls:.
- You need of Glutinous rice balls, fresh or frozen.
- You need of Water for cooking glutinous rice balls (enough water to cover).
Instructions to make Glutinous rice balls (sticky rice balls):
- In a large mixing bowl add the glutinous rice flour and sugar. Stir and then add the water bit by bit (you may not need to use all of the water). Stir with chopsticks or a fork until all of the ingredients have combined. Then use your hands and gently knead the dough until it all comes together to form a ball (if dough does not form, add a bit more water at a time. Continue to knead until it forms a ball). The consistency should be soft like putty or play dough..
- Pinch of a bit of dough at a time and shape into small round balls. I use a weighing scale to measure out my dough. The balls should weigh 6 gram each (make smaller or larger depending on preference). Place the balls onto a small size baking tray and cover with a clean damp tea towel to prevent them drying out. Repeat step 2 until all of the dough has been used and formed into small round balls..
- This dough amount makes roughly 20-25 sticky rice balls depending on the size. If not cooking sticky rice balls straightaway, cover baking tray with cling film and place in freezer until ready to use. Tip: by freezing on a baking tray it prevents sticky rice balls sticking together. Once frozen sticky rice balls can then be transferred and stored into a small freezer bag..
- Cooking the sticky rice balls from frozen or fresh. In a small saucepan bring water to a boil. Place the dough balls in the water and stir occasionally to prevent the dough sticking to the bottom. Once the sticky rice balls float to the surface continue to cook them for another 3 minutes (by cooking them for a little longer it gives a more chewy texture). Alternatively for less chew once dough floats to the surface remove from the water immediately..
- Drain with a sieve, run under cold water a few times and transfer to a large bowl filled with ice cold water and set aside until ready to use. Once ready to use drain all of the water..
- Serve the glutinous rice balls with a ginger and rock sugar syrup, warm coconut milk sago dessert, or use as a topping in desserts for example grass jelly, sago, lychees and tapioca pearls..
If you find this Glutinous rice balls (sticky rice balls) recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.